Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah new guy
Hello, my name is Carson. I am very new to the frog world. I use to keep chameleons for 4 or 5 years but am no longer in the hobby as of last summer. I am considering it again though. However, like everyone else i'm sure, i've always enjoyed looking at dart frogs. I became fascinated with vivariums during my time keeping chameleons. I wanted to start fully planted exo terra vivs for my chams but never did it. While fully planted live vivs for chams are rare, you dart froggers seem to have it down! So, by reading, learning, and experiencing how to care for dart frogs and the vivs, i hope to apply what i learned to my planted cham vivs sometime. Great, this is all i need, another hobby ontop of fish tanks, chams, hunting, training dogs, dirtbiking, martial arts, baseball etc... Confusedhock: :lol:

Looking forward to learning more about this and becoming a useful forum member.

Carson
Welcome to Dart Den Carson !

Your home state has a good many Dart Frog Hobbyists, so you're in luck. Chameleons huh ? I like them too. As a matter of fact some friends and I are going to try and locate 4-5 different species that are established here in South Florida, soon.

Please feel free to hang out, post any questions that you don't see elsewhere and above all...have fun.

~Phil
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Hi sticktongue, welcome to the forum Big Grin
Whereabouts in Utah are you? Northern? Southern? SLC area? Definitely a lot more froggers here than you may realize Smile
I am in Kaysville. about 20 min north of SLC. I'd LOVE to meet some froggers and see some set ups first hand. I've been reading for about 4 hours now. I somewhat am catching on to things but obviously it'll be awhile before I get a good understanding of how to set it up. I'm pretty sure i'm going to buy an exo terra instead of a fish tank. Main reason, if i dont end up liking frogs (sure i will though) i'd like to use the exo terra for chams. ya know, keep my options open Wink I'll keep reading and searching the questions i have and if i have more i'll post something up. I've spent a lot of times on forums and one thing that bothers me about new people is they simply do not search whats already on the forum. Instead, they make 45 new posts asking questions that can be answered quickly in other threads.

Good luck finding those chams! over on Chameleonforums.com, their are a few people that have found wild established chameleon colonies. Hard to find but a chance for sure!
There's a few of us around in Utah. I'm in North Ogden. Frogs are pretty easily had locally if you're looking for leucs or tincs. Hit me up if you need anything, it's good to see more people getting into the hobby. I also switched over from raising veiled chams many moons ago.
Mostly Pums & Thumbs

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020