Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

FS-auratus pair, Oyapok tinc female, leuc female
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS-auratus pair, Oyapok tinc female, leuc female
I wish to sell these four frogs in a lot deal. I received these frogs back in November of 2012. I had bought the pair of auratus, sight unseen, and had travelled 5 hours away to get them. The seller was not feeding his frogs, had little interest in changing his ways, and gave me a couple other frogs while I was there. I paid way too much for the auratus pair, as I had not done enough research at that time. They were proven and I did see offspring on site. Not sure of their locality, but did post a thread on DB.

After being in the hobby for a few months, I found myself most interested in keeping thumbnails and pumilio. Am working with several thumb types and two pumilio types. I have another group of leuc's, which are the only larger frogs, besides some bicolor's growing out, I wish to keep for now. I am wanting to rehome these four. I don't consider myself a flipper, but have just narrowed my interest in a short time. Just want to rehome these, recouping a small percentage of their cost. Plus, big frogs eat more flies...little frogs do not.

Auratus male/female pair-locale unknown
Line-Josh's Frogs most likely
Quantity-1m/1f
Age-unknown, but suspect approx 2.5 yrs

[Image: 046_zps9064b62e.jpg]

Tinc Oyapok female
Line-Josh's Frogs
Quantity- 1f
Age-unknown, but suspect approx 2.5yrs

[Image: 042_zpsc34c9947.jpg]

Leucomelas female
Line-unsure
Quantity- 1f
Age- unknow, but suspect approx 2.5yrs

[Image: 034-2_zps9e0fba64.jpg]

Asking $100 plus shipping costs for the lot. I can get a pretty good rate via UPS and am comfortable shipping.

Mods, if I have not posted this in the required fashion, please let me know. It's my first time listing frogs on here. I have excellent ebay feedback and lots of experience shipping fish and many satisfied customers.
Price adjustment...

I need to find these a new home. Frogs are FREE. You pay shipping costs and I ship them to you.

PM with questions.
I am interested. I am new to this site, but not the hobby.
Frogs are spoken for. Please delete or close thread. Thank you.
Jason,
Thank you for the frogs. Am glad I could come by Des Moines and pick them up, and you were good enough to meet me. They were packaged so nicely in the cooler, too, really appreciate that.
Wanted to ask, who did they come from? They are so unbelievably thin, skeletal looking. I know you said they were when you got them in November, but Oh my God! And also wanted to ask.....they are all probably 2.5 years old!? Good Lord, they aren't half the size of my juvie auratus, and not 1/4 the size of my proven leucs! Wow. I am very glad you "saved" them from this "person" who did not care. If you've been feeding them, I can't imagine what they looked like 4 months ago. Wow. I see skin and bones on all 4.
You obviously aren't a flipper, you gave them away to me, thanks! I will now try to save them, if possible.
Diane
PS: Good luck with the thumbs and pums you are breeding now. Like you said, smaller frogs = less flies to feed.
PPS: Why do you think they are all 2.5 years old?
P. Terribilis orange, R. Imitator Cainarachi Valley, D. Leucomelas, D. Auratus, D. Azureus, P. vittatus, D. cobalts, D.Oyapok, Bombina Orientalis
Hi Diane. Sorry you are upset. You have my phone number or could have PM'd me first.

I was forthcoming and thought I was being completely honest when representing the frogs. The pictures from above are recent. The auratus had gained weight in my care. The leuc had maintained its weight. My other group of leuc's are the same size. The Oyapok was skinny and had maintained, but I thought Oyapok tinc's were a smaller/thinner tinc type.

Am not going to reveal the name of who I got the frogs from. He is from Geneseo, IL and doesn't keep frogs or even frequent the boards.

Also,unless you live in my frog room, and observe my feeding schedule, please don't make assumptions or insinuations about my feeding regimen. Would you like me to provide pic's of feeder receipts, culturing matierials, and a video documenting everything?

I estimated their age due to the time the previous owner purchased them.

Once again, maybe you could have called me or texted me instead of going rogue.
Jason,

I don't think Diane was upset at you personally. I think she was just venting, re the overall situation. I think you did a good thing by advertising these frogs and saving them. I don't see anyone having a problem with that.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
November

December

January

February

4 months is more than enough time to fatten a skinny frog up

Just saying....
What some see as death, others see as beauty.

Casper
Just wanted to give a quick update on the starving frogs! The Oyapok has been out and surprisingly bold since about 2-3 days after I got her! She is eating like crazy, and looks good! Still slender, but looking much better.
I had not seen the auratus pair or the leuc since I got them. Hard not to stir up the vivs, but I didn't want to stress them. Then yesterday-the leuk was out, hunting, and she looks much better also. I spotted one of the auratus in a cocohut, and he/she hadn't moved all morning Sad I honestly thought it was dead, it was dug down in the dirt, and unmoved. So I went in, picked up the cocohut, and still no movement. Sure it was dead. Started to pick it up, and.........yes! It hopped away, and looks much better, not so thin! Then it stayed out hunting for a couple of hours. So, I think we may have a happy ending. Haven't seen the other auratus, but with the other 3 looking so much improved, I am quite hopeful.
Amazing what 2 weeks of misting and feeding can do!!!!!!!!!
Diane
P. Terribilis orange, R. Imitator Cainarachi Valley, D. Leucomelas, D. Auratus, D. Azureus, P. vittatus, D. cobalts, D.Oyapok, Bombina Orientalis
Thanks for updating Diane! I was wondering how you were doing with them. Glad things are working out!
Jim from Austin | https://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/
fantastica nominant | summersi | reticulata | A barbotini

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020