Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got a bloom!
I just got some cuttings of Episcia a few weeks ago and I am getting blooms already. I put them in 2 inch pots but they take root so easy in the humid environment I could have just dropped them in the tank and they would have probably rooted.
-Dan
Nice...haven't ever seen that bloom, or even that plant species before.
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:Nice...haven't ever seen that bloom, or even that plant species before.

Thanks, I am surprised it is not more popular it seems to do well in the humidity of vivariums and it flowers, that is a bonus. I have only seen it for sale at Black Jungle. But I found mine on Ebay. I think there is another photo of this variety somewhere on this site by another member. If you look at the upper left corner of the first photo you can see a small runner plant growing from the other plant that is next to it. So it seems like it might be very prolific.
-Dan
I have another rare plant in bloom today. I don't about the rest of you but I like the plants just as much as the frogs.
The plant is Amorphophallus ongsakulii. The whole bloom with stem is about 6" tall the leaves are about 3" tall.
this is the or one the smallest Amorphophallus species. Unique to the genus this one sends the flower and leaf up at the same time. I got this bulb last November so I don't know how it will do in the vivarium and I will try it when I get some offsets to experiment with.
-Dan
That Amorphophallus is something else! Is the odor as strong as the larger species?

Cheers!

Luis
lueVelvet Wrote:That Amorphophallus is something else! Is the odor as strong as the larger species?

Cheers!

Luis
No there is not a strong odor and it has a chemical smell like windex. Strange, I don't know what pollinator would be attracted to that?
-Dan

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020