Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Business polices with Dart Frogs -Discuss
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business polices with Dart Frogs -Discuss
A lot of big importers and resellers have a NO LIVE ARRIVAL policy.

I believe Strictly Reptiles has this policy still in place. It means you have ZERO recourse if your frogs arrive dead. ZERO. So be aware.

A number of businesses, hobbyists have a NO CASH REFUND policy - only credit on other animals.

I believe Justin (bluePumilio) has a no cash refund policy.

There are also NO RETURN DEPOSITS policies and I have one and used it, myself.

Lets discuss. Thoughts? Other business policies and practices ?
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:A lot of big importers and resellers have a NO LIVE ARRIVAL policy.

I believe Strictly Reptiles has this policy still in place. It means you have ZERO recourse if your frogs arrive dead. ZERO. So be aware.

A number of businesses, hobbyists have a NO CASH REFUND policy - only credit on other animals.

I believe Justin (bluePumilio) has a no cash refund policy.

Lets discuss. Thoughts? Other business policies and practices ?
Strictly does have it...but...buuut depending on the volume of your purchase...I feel.

Two local froggers i know for a fact purchased from them, one 2 pairs, other 15+. 2 pairs dead and too bad. 15+ lost 7+....all replaced.

Depends if youre a frequent customer,how much you buy????
so it's subjective as to how they feel about you ?

Hoppity, you remind me of someone I know. I can't quite put my finger on it though...
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:so it's subjective as to how they feel about you ?

Hoppity, you remind me of someone I know. I can't quite put my finger on it though...
Yea pretty much. And im sure I do. But if ever a doubt Id love to chat frogs over the phone as I have been warned about this for the past year. Although i contemplated joinig much sooner, i was pretty sure Id raise suspicion due to where I am from and whom ive known. : )
I ordered 5escudo from strictly, 2 were DOA. and they replaced one for free. One of the live arrivals was severely emaciated but I nursed back to health on springs and white isos. I only made one purchase from them prior.

I think the no refund on deposits is fine. The no cash refund--only credit policy isn't fair unless the specific type of frog ordered can be replaced. In other words its not fair to order a pair of sexed escudo and have to get four unsexed chrsitobals instead or wait with fingers crossed for another escudo import to arrive.
"I'm doin fine, fine out here in Ventucky,
with the hogs and my dogs and my frogs and my baby and me"
(adapted from Randy Houser song)
A lot of interesting threads up at the moment. I'll chime in:

I think live arrival is a must, but within a reasonable time frame of delivery. I personally ship hub to hub 9 out of 10 times and guarantee live arrival on my frogs (and then some) to buyers. Do you think the companies that do not have live arrival guarantees are not confident in the overall health of their frogs?

The no return on deposits is not as big of a deal as the live arrival. To me, this is common in numerous settings, not just the frog world. Some people flake out. I'd hate to see a breeder/hobbyists "save/reserve" a group of frogs for months for a buyer, to later get told that the buyer can't go through with the deal...so they want their money back. During those months, the breeder/hobbyists could have been listing them elsewhere and getting other offers.

There are many different opinions out there, but those are just some of mine.
-Brian
Fine Spot Leucs, Bakhuis, Variabilis, Varadero, Fantastica, Green Sirensis
I'll only buy if it's live arrival guarantee, I'm too poor to take a gamble on that. No refund cash deposits make sense, that's what tells the seller that the buyer is serious. If the buyer has to unfortunately back out, it sucks for them but that's what happens so the seller can get a little compensation for having to sit on the frogs for X amount of wasted time I suppose. I can also see perfectly valid reasons for cash/no cash refund options. That's another gamble that you're going to have to take anyways if you're getting frogs shipped. But, researching who you're buying your frogs from, and asking questions about their care and for pictures of the exact frogs you will be getting can lower the risk of getting yourself into a predicament where a refund is even needed. It's not very hard to pick out the people with integrity who put the extra effort into raising their frogs.
Josh
JayMillz Wrote:...researching who you're buying your frogs from, and asking questions about their care and for pictures of the exact frogs you will be getting...

This is what I feel goes overlooked more often than we know. RESEARCH the seller. Vendor feedback, word of mouth, etc etc. You should get a good idea who puts in the extra effort like JayMillz said.
-Brian
Fine Spot Leucs, Bakhuis, Variabilis, Varadero, Fantastica, Green Sirensis
Why would anyone, myself included, or another hobbyist, or Strickly, not offer a live arrival quarantee? Unless you're not shipping the frogs properly.
I totally understand if the frogs get lost in shipment for two or three additional days, that's another matter entirely. But if they arrive on time, with no visible damage to the box, why no arrival guarantee?
It's the sellers job to pack the frogs properly, and that includes the use of phase packs.
If you're gonna sell frogs and ship them, you have to be prepared for disputes and to correct your errors as a cost of doing business. Hell a lot of us go as far to correct the mistakes of the buyers.
Jon
Here's my two cents...

NO LIVE ARRIVAL - I think this is ridiculous. No one buys a dead frog. Live arrival should be a given.

NO CASH REFUND - I think this is ridiculous also. If someone pays for something (live frogs) and doesn't receive it and you can't immediately replace it with the exact same thing... the buyer should have the option of a full refund (including shipping).

NO RETURN DEPOSITS - This one I agree with. If you hold frogs for a buyer and the buyer backs out...that's his/her bad. You have already used your time holding and caring for them and perhaps even lost selling them to someone else previously.

Now I have a question...
What if none of this is specified when you buy a frog and it doesn't make it through shipping? Are you totally sol? Or, will your credit/debit card back you since you are buying a live frog??? Anyone have any experience with this?
Not having a live arrival guarantee is just ridiculous. Now holding limits to this like temperature, and must be picked up within a certain amount of time when it arrives at a hub is completely understandable.
As for refunds, if I can get the same frog replaced and it was DOA from some other circumstance except disease, then I would be ok with that. But as stated before, don't try to replace my animal with something I didn't order.
Non refunding of deposits I completely agree with, as it protects the seller from having to go through the process of reselling his/her animal.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020