Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used Zoomed tanks - value ?
I have found someone with a few Zoomed tanks, 3 of the 18x18x24. They have broken locks and some warping of the lids. He is selling them for $12. He also has an 18x18x18 in better condition for $10. So what would be your recommendations around size and price?

Thank you,

Mark
$12 is a steal, if the doors will open and close.
Mostly Pums & Thumbs
Yes take advantage of that and buy all 4. Unless it is something that can't be fixed and allows the frogs to escape.
Went and picked up a 18x18x24 Zoomed. They had MANY tanks to choose from so I was able to find one in good shape. No warping as I described. It needs to be cleaned out well but it should look like new when I am done. SOunds like he has had his ad up for awhile with no takers so I should be able to buy from him again no problem should I really get into this. So I have the tank and some Malaysian driftwood. I found a 6lb lot for 20 bucks which seemed like a good deal. Slowly getting the things I need.
FWIW I just remove the top screen and frame and replace with cut glass siliconed in place with a custom front screen vent. I have read other posts where people have contacted Zoomed to obtain a lock replacement/repair kit, though none of my three Zoomed locks have failed [yet]. So I'd pick up a few more and stick them in your garage for when you inevitably expand your collection Wink
Jim from Austin | https://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/
fantastica nominant | summersi | reticulata | A barbotini
markm Wrote:I have found someone with a few Zoomed tanks, 3 of the 18x18x24. They have broken locks and some warping of the lids. He is selling them for $12. He also has an 18x18x18 in better condition for $10. So what would be your recommendations around size and price?

Thank you,

Mark

Wow what a deal, you should go and buy another, even if it takes 6-12 mos before you have time to setup, your unlikely to find that cheap price again.
Scott - North Dallas

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020