Dart Den

Full Version: feeding frequency ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do the frogs tell you when they are hungry? Such as you see them out and searching for food? Cause I barely see mine except for my baby frog ... I just dump some FF in and don't dump more till about a day later when the first batch are all gone. Is this the proper way to feed?
Dart Frogs will hunt and be a little more active - searching for insects, but chances are you will not notice it as such. Nothing like a cat, dog, bird ect - easy to see they are asking /looking for food.

Sounds like you have it down...don't overfeed. If you see a lot of 'extra' or leftovers - then skip a day or even two until they are all gone.
Cool sounds good thanks
Are the frogs still getting the vitamins that I dusted the FF with even if they aren't eating them right away? When I see the FF they aren't dusted anymore and still living running around and playimg.
A good way to judge feeding is to put a plastic lid with a piece of banana on it in the cage. If it is covered in flies a day after feeding then back off on the amount fed until you have just a few flies a day after initial feeding. I feed 3x per week (mon, wed and fri) and it took me a while to get the amount right. It is very easy to put too many flies in there.