Dart Den

Full Version: 2nd attempt 20gal long
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

ondeck25

Hello everyone I am near completion of my second tank (20gal long) this tank was going to feature a small pond and a waterfall. Though it did not end up that way LOL funny how things change as you are creating. The tank ended up a river tank made from an old shop vac hose. The tank is not complete but here are some pictures in random order of some of the steps that I took to make this viv!

ondeck25

Placement of the wood.

ondeck25

planting areas using film canisters

ondeck25

The ever loved GS step!

ondeck25

Another GS shot.

ondeck25

Egg crate BTW I found this stuff to be a pain in the butt to work with. Little clippings every where!!!

ondeck25

This was the original idea was to have this piece of wood serve as a little waterfall. Though the line was too small for my pump and I could not track down a reducer. So this was scrapped I just thought it might help someone out who is looking for ideas. I love this wood thought it had great texture!!

ondeck25

This is a shot with the screen added to the egg crate. I use window screening seems to work well for the application1

ondeck25

Adding the fiber to the background.

ondeck25

The shop vac hose. I added silicon to it and put some fiber on the edges and gravel at the bottom. Seems to look natural only time will tell.

ondeck25

fiber and rock added to the hose.

ondeck25

a closer look

ondeck25

testing the pump

ondeck25

another shot of the test

ondeck25

The river in action

ondeck25

another shot of the river

ondeck25

they keep coming another of the river

ondeck25

ok last one of the river sorry for so many I just happen to love how it turned out.

ondeck25

ok here are some pictures of some plants and moss I had around the house I am still waiting for my plants from BJ.

ondeck25

more
Pages: 1 2 3