Dart Den

Full Version: Midwest frog fest on Labor day weekend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't know what category to put this in...
I can think of one pro, and more than a few cons for this date...

Pro:

Most people will have the weekend off, so they may not have to use vacation time.

Cons:

Labor day weekend, most people have family gatherings and such going on, some as a tradition, that is not something you just cancel.
I would bet traffic will be nuts.
I would also bet hotels may be at a premium (reserve now).

Any thoughts?

Dave/Erin, if you're reading this, is the date etched in stone?
I for one can not make that date. I am out of town every Labor day weekend starting on Friday night through Sunday . I really hope this datye can change. I would HATE to have to miss it. I think many actually would also miss that date.

Rich

amphibianfreak

I was planning on going again this year but it being labor day weekend i can not. I am glad that this was brought up Brian.

zBrinks

Same here. I cannot go on Labor day. I overheard a few froggers at the MI meeting with the same issue.
Someone should let Dave know about this thread so he can comment, but I would be very shocked if the date could be changed due to the fact that hotel conference rooms are booked solid during the wedding season (of which september is a part).

Maybe with the longer weekend we will pick up people from farther away?

ED's_Fly_Meat_Inc

The date was arranged so that it would NOT cut into American Frog Day in New York. AFD used to be on a three day weekend every year when it was in San Jose. While yes, we have heard some people mention that it is nt a good time for them (it is the high travel of summer), a larger number have commented that it will be a great time for them to come. That being said, we will return the show date to late summer earl fall next year.