Dart Den

Full Version: Rapashy "Superfly" Fruit Fly Media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Did anyone jump on the Superfly buy one, get two free and give Allen feedback?
what is it ? Never heard of it...

Can you post a link to it, here ?
I did, it was posted on the other forum. It was a great buy, but one pound get two free. It is nice to see ingredients on the packaging. I definitely see it as a good product for those with small collections, I think cost may be an issue with those who need a lot of cultures. The water portion of the instructions needs revisions. I like his other products so I have high hopes.
I did as well.
Will be trying it out this weekend side to side with my home made media.
I did as well so far it looks to be a great product and couldn't beat the deal coming from a well respected product line.....I agree with the water addition, but it seems there are others that it is mixing up well as directed. I have had to add an extra 1/3 cup to each.....But so far I made 4 cultures no flies yet though....
Someone post a link please...

Better yet...someone tell the owner of the business that we just now, have a top and side banner spot available to display his fine product !
LOL, I'll send him a pm Phil, I got it also. Mixed well for me, I'm comparing it to the media I use now. So far no difference for me. It would be interesting to see if it works well for hydei.
Ok....after checking around....it's a New Fruit Fly Media made by Rapashy:

http://www.store.repashy.com/repashy-superfoods/retail/
Philsuma Wrote:Ok....after checking around....it's a New Fruit Fly Media made by Rapashy:

http://www.store.repashy.com/repashy-superfoods/retail/

Sorry Phil I thought you knew that already.....Other wise I would have mentioned it being so.
Here's an old photo of Allen Rapashy circa 90's around the time we met at a Reptile Show...

He always seems to get a kick out of when I post this.

[Image: AllenRepashywithFriend.jpg]
Ok, so I have had a Superfly culture up since 5/13/11. I setup up another culture with the media i use at the same time. So far the Superfly is producing more maggots. The paprika is def. noticeable since they are tracking it all over the container.
Seems everyone loves to fall in love over something new. Just the mention of a new FF media or recipe causes a buzz.

I like that it's kinda red coloured. Does it smell nice or like skunked beer >?
Philsuma Wrote:Seems everyone loves to fall in love over something new. Just the mention of a new FF media or recipe causes a buzz.

I am testing and seeing good results. Falling in love with something new, this looks to be a good product. Better in comparison to other media. I am a $ guy, I want the best production for the $.
JJuchems Wrote:this looks to be a good product. Better in comparison to other media. I am a $ guy, I want the best production for the $.

I think we need a LOT more testing before comparisons....
Welcome Allen ! I love that fact that you are so attentive to your market and actively soliciting feedback for your products.That goes a long way in my book. I am also very hopeful that your entire line will be a product "leap" in nutrition and care for all Herps, not just dart Frogs.

Thank you for joining Dart Den !

~Phil
Damn, I guess if I want to keep a low profile I shouldn't register with my real name Smile..... Thanks for the kind words, I have been focusing my OCD behavior on researching herp nutrition for more than 10 years now and am just having a blast trying to address issues that intrigue me... such as Vitamin A....
I use a really cool google tool that sends me emails anytime a keyword I put in brings up a new result..... and this thread popped up a couple days ago. Don't mean to play favorites in regards to making my offer on the other dendro board, so if anyone here didn't get in on my buy one, get three (two free) one pound bags of Superfly in exchange for feedback, I can extend it to you guys here. Just go to my store and buy a one pound bag and in the notes put "DartDen Development Team" and I will send you three bags. No "Double Dipping" please if you have already taken advantage of the deal on the other board. I will hunt you down and make you eat a W.C. terribilis if I catch you Smile
My whole line has been built on requests to solve problems and development feedback.... I figure like I am the only one out there who looks at expert feedback the way I do. As I see it, it is like having a dedicated research and development department that works for free! Smile
It is a double edged sword asking for live feedback on a public forum for a product in development because there are always haters out there that can really hurt you. I do not ask for comments that arenothing but praise on my stuff, I want real feedback that can help me make a product better than I could make it myself. The thread on the SuperFly is a great example of how it is supposed to work. I wasn't expecting to get complaints about mixing time because I was focused on culture performance. And through the comments and contributions, I think the techniques adapted will make it just as easy to mix...

Anyways, all for now. Allen
Here ya go folks...Buy a one pound bag of media get TWO additonal bags free !!!

Don't double dip, as Allen says.

Use "DartDen Development Team" as the code when ordering.
I see looking at the product that it states
Quote:The addition of active yeast is NOT necessary
For those of you who have already purchased this, I take it that you dont have to add brewers yeast?
Also, with the list of vitamins that he has in the mix, is dusting the flies still necessary? It almost reads like he's gutloading the flies? Just wondering what your take is on it...
I'm getting some right now Big Grin
Derek
Superfine dust is going to always be required, I'm sure. I think it's been successfully argued that it's impossible to gut load fruit flies.
Pages: 1 2 3