Dart Den

Full Version: 10 gal vert construction journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Frogtofall

Alright, I'm in the mood for speed posting, so I'm just gonna post the pictures, then throw little tidbits in at the end. Here it goes...

[Image: 1Bedding.JPG]

[Image: 2palmtreebarkbackground.JPG]

[Image: 3gsbackground.JPG]
[Image: 4backgroundwithbedding.JPG]
[Image: 5backgroundwithbedding.JPG]
[Image: 6gravelandpool.JPG]
[Image: 7mesh.JPG]
[Image: 8mesh.JPG]
[Image: 9groundbedding.JPG]
[Image: 10planted.JPG]
[Image: 11planted.JPG]
[Image: 12pond.JPG]
[Image: imis.JPG]

And the moneyshot!
[Image: moneyshot.jpg]

The wood for the background is Palm Tree Bark. I thought I'd give it a try. All this was collected on the ground near a palm tree or ripped off a palm tree if it was already at least 90% hanging off.

The broms are from Walmart. They only have a few at each store. I think they are some sort of Neo. They run about $7 each and you usually get a main plant and a pup. This tank is planted with 2.5 of the broms from Walmart. They all had pups.

The green goey stuff in the pond is this spongy/slimy algae that I collected while collecting the Liverwort. It has springtails all over it. The Liverwort has lots of little Isopods too!

The "Moneyshot" is a shot of all 3 of my 10 gal verts. From right to left they are in order of creation. As you can see, I changed a couple of things in each version.

The left and middle viv have nothing in them. Hopefully some Bastis/Intermedius/Fants will find their way into one of them... :mrgreen:

Hope you enjoyed it!

coolhand_leuc

Can you post a close up pic of the hinges, please? I would like to set up a 10 or 15 vert and need some insight on the door. Oh, also, glass or plexi?

Frogtofall

Heh... you don't wanna see close ups of those hinges... Sad They are ghetto! I just went to Lowes and wormed around their hinges and found something that "almost" worked. The doors are glass.