Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help sex my frogs
Hi, i need a hand sexing my two Tincs...their names are bonnie and clyde
they are beautiful, im jealous!
1.1.1 Hawaiian Auratus (reticulated), 1.2.2 Leucomelas, 3.2.1 Cobalt Tincs, 1.0.0 Kauluha & Creme / Camo Auratus, 2.0.1 Yelloback Tincs, 0.0.4 Azureus, 1.1.0 Spotted Auratus
thankyou! I really wish someone would chime in here and sex these froggies for me...
bonnie looks like a female, but that is just a guess
get some better photos of them that show their body shape. sometimes its hard to tell until they start exhibiting behaviour of a male or female.
good luck, ~Lauren
1.1.1 Hawaiian Auratus (reticulated), 1.2.2 Leucomelas, 3.2.1 Cobalt Tincs, 1.0.0 Kauluha & Creme / Camo Auratus, 2.0.1 Yelloback Tincs, 0.0.4 Azureus, 1.1.0 Spotted Auratus
I've read that you can tell sex by a grey colloration under the throat (male), that females tend to have narrower toes than males, and also females are rounder than males. Not sure how much of that is accurate, but hope it helps.
looks female to me
both look female to me. 8)
^ditto
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is: rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476
How old is the frog? Either you have big hands, the picture is at a weird angle, or the frog is too young to sex. Big Grin

My proven pair of powder blues are well over 2" long (I'm bad at guessing lengths, but they are bigger than all my other tinc morphs inclulding all my azuerus) and both have the body shape of a female and the toepads of a male.
www.JoshsFrogs.com - All Your Poison Dart Frog Supplies in One Place!
Looks like both females to me.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020