Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
escudo imports 2012
I recently noticed over on the good ol db sponsor ads escudo pairs now being sold for $300-350 by Marcu$ Breece.

Being he who set a very deserving price tag of about $5-600/pair a few years back...It bums me out a bit to see one of the few pumilios we can be certain about its origins now being offered at the same price as an almirante,dorado etc....

I feel like some animals are worth keeping at higher value as value sometimes maintains its specialness in the hobby...

Any thoughts?
Unless 5-600 of them recently showed up
If someone were to tell me that the "specialness" of a frog was related to the price tag, I'd say that their priorities were waaaayyy out of place ...
Ohhh so youre gonna tell me everyone turns almirante away bc theyre ugly and not now common and inexpensive or not rare?

Dont try to turn the way I see one morph into the wrong way of seeing things....
Ask rich to start posting grannie pairs for 2-300$ /pair... I bet hell sell less than at $1400/pair eventually .....soon after!
Grannie,husto,sylv and escudo (pumilio section) imo deserce to maintain the high price tag and should countinue to be a frog you feel privilaged to own/afford...why is that wrong edward?
I keep frogs for the enjoyment of keeping them, breeding them, and watching their behavior. I do not keep frogs as some sort of status symbol or as a means to feel more privileged. If you want a something to fill your ego and make you feel important in life, buy a Ferrari ...
edwardsatc Wrote:I keep frogs for the enjoyment of keeping them, breeding them, and watching their behavior. I do not keep frogs as some sort of status symbol or as a means to feel more privileged. If you want a something to fill your ego and make you feel important in life, buy a Ferrari ...
Ok, so lets just say I enjoy my frogs, but I enjoy the rarer priciest ones the most because they make >>>me<<< happy and feel privilaged to own them....

Now, how does my aproach to >>>my<<< hobby affect yours and your way about going in this hobby? By me personally liking rarity and price...is it negatively affecting you? Or are you of course one more trying to twist something I say around and try...tryyy to attack me with it? Confusedhock:

so cut the bolognie pony man... And contribute with something close enough to what I was hoping to hear and dont personally attack me...

Haha! Im sure the whole paru fuzz was over how amzaingly beautiful they were not over frogs being rare,expensive and ohhh yeah"holy grails???"
sidney ferrell Wrote:Grannie,husto,sylv and escudo (pumilio section) imo deserce to maintain the high price tag and should countinue to be a frog you feel privilaged to own/afford...why is that wrong edward?

There use to be a day when you could buy blue jeans and histos for $15 and azureus were $200+ and you were "privileged" (as you would call it) to own them. Look at benedicta they started out at $350 each last year now they are commonly sold at around $120-$150 each. People should be more motivated to stabilize a species or morph in the hobby rather than look at it as a chance to capitalize on the situation. Keep in mind supply/ demand,
prices, and fads are constantly changing. I know any old timers in the hobby can vouch for this

_D
I Do NOT Support "Dart Frog Connection"
Crystallized Wrote:Keep in mind supply/ demand,
prices, and fads are constantly changing. I know any old timers in the hobby can vouch for this

_D

This is typical for most species of darts, but there will always be a demand much greater than the supply for most obligates. Some of the more common (easily bred) pumilio morphs fall in and out of popularity, but things like Escudo, histos, sylvatica, grannies have generally stable prices unless there is an influx of WC imports.
ZG
also, you'd like to see the 'rare' stuff be kinda $$ and go to the advanced hobbyists and thrive, breed and produce more froglets. But alas...you saw a bunch of 'less than advanced' hobbyists jump on the U.E Sylvaticus and I bet 70% of them are already dead. Sad but true...
https://www.facebook.com/dartden/

https://twitter.com/DartDen

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana".
Philsuma Wrote:also, you'd like to see the 'rare' stuff be kinda $$ and go to the advanced hobbyists and thrive, breed and produce more froglets. But alas...you saw a bunch of 'less than advanced' hobbyists jump on the U.E Sylvaticus and I bet 70% of them are already dead. Sad but true...

There is a line between being advanced and having money.
If you want certain species to thrive you shouldn't just give your offspring to the person with the biggest pocketbook. Also very true about the
recent Paru imports...very sad.
sidney ferrell Wrote:Now, how does my aproach to >>>my<<< hobby affect yours and your way about going in this hobby? By me personally liking rarity and price...is it negatively affecting you? Or are you of course one more trying to twist something I say around and try...tryyy to attack me with it? Confusedhock:

Attack? Where did I attack you? I simply presented my opinion ...

sidney ferrell Wrote:so cut the bolognie pony man... And contribute with something close enough to what I was hoping to hear and dont personally attack me...

So, I'm supposed to post what you "want to hear"? God forbid someone might voice an opinion that differs from yours ...

I don't need to attack you, you completely screwed your reputation in the frog community all by yourself ... and continue to do so.

sidney ferrell Wrote:Haha! Im sure the whole paru fuzz was over how amzaingly beautiful they were not over frogs being rare,expensive and ohhh yeah"holy grails???"

Agreed, and my opinion would be the same as stated above.

You can keep frogs for whatever reason you like, but my opinion still remains as such.
Philsuma Wrote:also, you'd like to see the 'rare' stuff be kinda $$ and go to the advanced hobbyists and thrive, breed and produce more froglets. But alas...you saw a bunch of 'less than advanced' hobbyists jump on the U.E Sylvaticus and I bet 70% of them are already dead. Sad but true...
Exactly.
It should feel like a privilage to get to work with some of those higher end or uncommon animals.....

Also, those who really know me and trade /buy with me, know that I am tge #1 fan of almirante. I keep 8 pairs....so its not all the $

No names...but Ive heard many many many escudos have already been lost by many novice froggers ordering straight from sr and sndf.... Obe person lost 15+

Sucks
And how many times have you and I dealt before? What proof and evidence would you have to confirm I have ruined myself in this hobby or screwed you over???? Exactly why your first response was taken as a personal attack and not a legit opinion...if I wanted people to agree with me or else....then the thread would have been titled a little more like" free bullseye,lita pairs to those who come on and agree with me on escudo impirt prices!" Its called hearsay my friend....
edwardsatc Wrote:
sidney ferrell Wrote::wink: Now, how does my aproach to >>>my<<< hobby affect yours and your way about going in this hobby? By me personally liking rarity and price...is it negatively affecting you? Or are you of course one more trying to twist something I say around and try...tryyy to attack me with it? Confusedhock:

Attack? Where did I attack you? I simply presented my opinion ...

sidney ferrell Wrote:so cut the bolognie pony man... And contribute with something close enough to what I was hoping to hear and dont personally attack me...

So, I'm supposed to post what you "want to hear"? God forbid someone might voice an opinion that differs from yours ...

I don't need to attack you, you completely screwed your reputation in the frog community all by yourself ... and continue to do so.

sidney ferrell Wrote:Haha! Im sure the whole paru fuzz was over how amzaingly beautiful they were not over frogs being rare,expensive and ohhh yeah"holy grails???"

Agreed, and my opinion would be the same as stated above.

You can keep frogs for whatever reason you like, but my opinion still remains as such.
I mean....if it was entirely 100% positively all about the animals true beauty and not price...where the fu#k are all those histos and sylvatica I once saw at gift shops,petland,spencers and peter piper pizza ticket chash ins??!?!? Why are we all of the sudden trying soo dearly to recoup them and revive them??? Im sure not because they became very scarce and....$2-3000/pair huh?
Crystallized Wrote:
sidney ferrell Wrote:Grannie,husto,sylv and escudo (pumilio section) imo deserce to maintain the high price tag and should countinue to be a frog you feel privilaged to own/afford...why is that wrong edward?

There use to be a day when you could buy blue jeans and histos for $15 and azureus were $200+ and you were "privileged" (as you would call it) to own them. Look at benedicta they started out at $350 each last year now they are commonly sold at around $120-$150 each. People should be more motivated to stabilize a species or morph in the hobby rather than look at it as a chance to capitalize on the situation. Keep in mind supply/ demand,

_D
So you agree with the price drop on escudo soo suddenly? I mean, I personally feel like shit beause very recent, I sold a few pairs to some friends for 450+ feeling like I actually gave them an amazing deal shortly to see breece now selling them for $350/pair???? So from a great deal, I screwed my buddies over $100 and therefore screwed myself $100 all beacuse sndf is in a rush to sell their cherrypicks and totally fk a great price on a great frog?
i know you will get pissed with this reply but that is life. the way i read it in the first couple of posts sounds like you where bothered because you can't sell them for what they use to go for. what about those people that bought Benedicta at the price they were and now they are cheaper. what does everyone usually post I WILL GET SOME WHEN THEY ARE CHEAPER and these people are not beginners like was said in some of the other replies. sorry Sidney but that is life.
i myself is one of those people who are waiting for prices to be cheaper on some frogs.
I still sell juvi cb escudos for 250
sidney ferrell Wrote:
Crystallized Wrote:

_D
So you agree with the price drop on escudo soo suddenly? I mean, I personally feel like shit beause very recent, I sold a few pairs to some friends for 450+ feeling like I actually gave them an amazing deal shortly to see breece now selling them for $350/pair???? So from a great deal, I screwed my buddies over $100 and therefore screwed myself $100 all beacuse sndf is in a rush to sell their cherrypicks and totally fk a great price on a great frog?

I have some old line escudo that i paid a fair amount for. The difference between mine and the new imports are mine are still alive and in amazing health.

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020